Benefits of ISF membership
The benefits of ISF membership are the following:
- Attendance to the annual ISF congress and other ISF meetings (non-members are not allowed to attend the congress and other meetings).
- The ISF congress attracts between 1000 to 1500 persons so during the ISF congress there are a lot of networking and trading possibilities for you and your employees.
- The ISF meetings and congress, therefore provide the members with a forum to share their ideas, opinions and concerns with others in the seed industry
- Members of a seed association can also attend the ISF congress without being a direct member of ISF
- Voting rights: Ordinary and Associate members can have direct influence if they are a direct member of ISF
- Members can express their interest in one or more of the ISF Sections and Committees and receive all correspondence about them, e.g. meeting minutes and announcements of relevant meetings on those topics.
- Members receive the ISF Newsletter 4 times a year
- Members may benefit from ISF arbitration, in case of disputes
- In the near future we plan to open a ‘Members Only’ website with a password. In this website we will place all kinds of information which are of specific benefit to our members.
- ISF has an official observer status and attends the regular meetings of UPOV, OECD Seed Schemes, ISTA, WIPO, FAO, IPPC, CBD, IT and several other intergovernmental organizations. For members who wish to change something in one of these regulations, or have concerns about certain developments, ISF can make their voice heard at these meetings. There is no other trade association that has such a broad observer status in these intergovernmental organizations.
- Therefore ISF members are part of a strong and dedicated voice supporting the interests of the seed industry.
- Members receive useful information about developments regarding seed policies, developments on science in the plant breeding and seed industry, on intellectual property rights, adventitious presence, phytosanitary matters, seed treatment, biotechnology, plant genetic resources and many other topics which are relevant for the seed industry.
To summarize, ISF membership gives members access to information and services which are very specific to the seed industry, and which are not available from any other trade association.