“A world where the best quality seed is accessible to all, supporting sustainable agriculture and food security.”
“To create the best environment for the global movement of seed and promote plant breeding and innovation in seed.”
- Collaboration: We work collaboratively
- Integrity: We are authentic
- Innovation: We embrace new ideas
- Sustainability: We act responsibly
With input from our members we shaped the ISF Strategic Objectives 2016-2020 which reflect the areas of ‘Our Work’. It is through our Committees, Groups and Sections that we are able to achieve our objectives.
- ISF is a non-governmental, non-profit making organization that represents the interests of the seed industry at a global level.
- ISF increases recognition of its members’ contributions to food security and sustainable agriculture.
- ISF facilitates the free movement of seed within a framework of fair and science-based regulations, whilst serving the interests of farmers, growers, industry and consumers.
- ISF promotes the establishment and protection of intellectual property rights for seeds, plant varieties and associated technologies.
- ISF publishes rules for trading seed and licensing technology to clarify and standardize contractual relations between buyers and sellers at an international level.
- ISF provides for the settlement of disputes through mediation, conciliation and/or arbitration.
- ISF fosters cooperation and collaboration through its calendar of events, enabling seed industry stakeholders to identify issues, stimulate strategic thinking and accelerate the adoption of common positions.
- ISF works in partnership with organisations responsible for international treaties, conventions and agreements and those that shape the policies affecting the global seed industry.
ISF represents the seed industry at international and inter-governmental organisations including:
- OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development)
- UPOV (International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants)
- IPPC (International Plant Protection Convention)
- FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization)
- CBD (Convention on Biological Diversity)
- WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization)